The Constitution of the World Health Organization states that health is a state of complete physical, mental, spiritual, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
A healthy lifestyle (HLS) is a lifestyle of a person aimed at preventing diseases and promoting health.
According to experts, people’s health depends on 50-55% precisely on lifestyle, 20% on the environment, 18-20% on genetic predisposition, and only 8-10% on healthcare.
Physical education is one of the main components of a healthy lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle
Appears as a specific form of expedient human activity – an activity aimed at preserving, strengthening and improving his health. Here you can see the difference between healthy lifestyle & balance lifestyle at verschil tussen.
The relevance of a healthy lifestyle is caused by an increase and a change in the nature of loads on the human body due to the complication of social life.
An increase in the risks of techno genic, environmental, psychological, political and military nature, provoking negative changes in the state of health.
In modern society, the tendency to lead a healthy lifestyle is increasing more and more. A healthy lifestyle appears as a specific form of expedient human activity – an activity aimed at maintaining, strengthening and improving his health.
Elements of a healthy lifestyle
- Education from early childhood healthy habits and skills.
- Environment: safe and favorable for living, knowledge about the impact of adverse environmental factors on health.
- Stop smoking, drugs and alcohol.
- Healthy nutrition: moderate, corresponding to the physiological characteristics of a particular person, awareness of the quality of the products consumed.
- Movements: a physically active life, including special physical exercises (for example, fitness), taking into account age and physiological characteristics.
- Personal and public hygiene: a set of hygiene rules, the observance and implementation of which contributes to the preservation and promotion of health, first aid skills.
The physiological state of a person is greatly influenced by his psycho-emotional state. Therefore, some authors also highlight the following additional aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
- Emotional well-being: mental hygiene, the ability to cope with one’s own emotions, problems;
- Intellectual well-being: the ability of a person to learn and use new information to act optimally in new circumstances. Positive thinking.
- Spiritual well-being: the ability to set really meaningful, constructive life goals, strive for them and achieve them. Optimism.
Some researchers also distinguish “social well-being” – the ability to interact with other people.
Under the promotion of a healthy lifestyle is understood a number of activities aimed at its promotion, among which the most important are educational and outreach programs, advertising in the media (radio, television, Internet).
The German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer stated: “Nine-tenths of our happiness is based on health. With it, everything becomes a source of pleasure, while without it absolutely no blessings can give pleasure, even subjective blessings:
The qualities of the mind, soul, and temperament weaken and freeze in a diseased state. It is by no means without reason that we first of all ask each other about health and wish it to each other: it is truly the main condition for human happiness.
Think about your health, are you satisfied with it?
Choose the points that suit you best and follow them every day:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. And if you don’t have time for that, take a walk. If you are on the bus, get off at the bus stop earlier. Ride by car – then go up to your floor without an elevator. Try to move more.
- Eat rationally. Eat more foods containing fiber and whole grains, and less foods containing sugar and made from wheat flour. Don’t forget vegetables and fruits. Cook food in vegetable oil, reduce the intake of animal fat.
- Avoid being overweight, eat at least 5 times a day. When cooking, use low temperature settings and cook for a short time. This will keep the healthy vitamins in your food.
- Drink more water throughout the day. This will have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin, allowing you to prolong its youth.
- Follow the daily routine. Go to bed and get up at the same time. This is the simplest advice to look beautiful, healthy and rested.
- Be mentally balanced. Do not be nervous, because nerve cells recover very, very slowly. So look for the positives everywhere.
- Harden your body. A contrast shower helps best of all – warm and cool water. Not only useful, but also helps to wake up.
- Do not smoke; do not abuse alcohol, because these are the main factors that impair health.
- Walk more often in the park, in the fresh air, away from cars.
- Do well. After all, kindness is reciprocated with kindness. It will definitely come back to you in the form of good health and mood.