How To Apply For Student Visa 500?
Choosing to study in Australia could be a great step into a bright future. But before one takes this step, some important steps need to be finalized. One very important thing is a student visa and especially a Student visa 500.
Getting a student visa is an essential step in studying in Australia. Even if one starts studying online, getting a student visa subclass 500 before the course begins is a great way to get on-campus studies. It could open up chances to obtain a 485 visa australia for post-study work in Australia.
To obtain a visa, one must have successfully applied to an Australian education provider either through a migration agent in Adelaide or directly. If one chooses to apply directly to the provider, they need to download an application form from its website.
student visa 500 Documents To Be Submitted
To apply for the Australian student visa 500, one needs to submit relevant documents and the application form. Some of the documents are:
- The Certificates that verify previous studies and the past qualifications of the applicant.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- Suppose one seeks course credits, then they need documents or certificates that verify previous study or work experience. They need to be translated into English.
Understanding The Student Visa Subclass 500
This student visa allows one to live, study and work in Australia for five years, in line with the course. On this visa, one can work for a maximum of 40 hours per weekend. The students who undertake a postgraduate research degree and are in critical industries, including hospitality and tourism, have extra work hours flexibility.
In Australia, the student visa fees are AUD 620 per application unless exempt. It is essential to note that Australian student visa 500 processing time differ from person to person. But 75% of applications are processed in a month, and 90% are processed in 42 days.
If a subclass 500 student visa application is successful, one will receive an offer letter. One needs to read the offer letter carefully before they accept it. The letter will include course details, enrolment conditions, and fees needed to pay if the offer is accepted. One needs to make sure that they understand all the rights, including refund arrangements. If the course is not started or finished, the agreement can determine if one can receive a refund.
One should not accept the offer letter if they are unhappy with the terms. They need to keep a copy of the offer letter, and the copy will be needed to be aware of the rights. The copy will use be useful in making claims against the institution.
Subclass 500 Student Visa Requirements
There are some requirements in the Australian visa subclass 500 to ensure an application gets approved. Some of the requirements are-
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
A CoE is a document that can be issued by an educational institution that verifies the enrolment in a particular course. The CoE will be sent to the individual once the offer is accepted and the deposit is paid. One must include a copy of this document in the visa subclass 500 application so that the government has evidence that one is registered to the declared course.
- English proficiency
If an individual is not a native English speaker, they need to supply a certificate from an English language test as Australian institution courses are English. The certificate can be used as evidence to the Australian government that one meets the minimum English proficiency level to succeed in their course.
There are some particular tests one can take that can be accepted by the Australian government, but those tests are easily accessible worldwide. There are different requirements for every educational level, and institutions sometimes set the requirements higher for particular courses.
- Academic requirements
The academic requirements that include evidence of English language skills differ depending on the level one wishes to study. Education providers could have different entry requirements, so one needs to read the course information carefully on the website. One could also contact them if they need any assistance or advice.
Some guidance for entry requirements for different levels of study are below:
- English language courses: one needs to have a minimum level of proficiency in the English language before taking admission in a course.
- Schools: entry requirements differ between schools depending on states or territories. The ability and academic performance of the applicant are considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training (VET): There are no entrance exams for VET institutions in various cases. But some courses could require one to have researched specific studies or completed work experience.
- Higher education undergraduate courses: one will need an Australian Senior Certificate of Education (Year 12) or an overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses could also have specific required subjects.
- Higher education postgraduate courses: one must have completed at least a degree at the undergraduate level. This institution could also consider an individual’s research ability or required work experience.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement
To meet this requirement, an individual must write a statement that addresses two criteria. They are:
- The individual is genuinely coming to Australia to study and not for other reasons.
- That they will reside in Australia temporarily.
In their statement, one can include details on ties to home and how the course is valuable regarding future careers and academic goals. Doing this will prove one’s intention to return home at the end of the subclass 500 student visa and the true intention to study in Australia.
- Proof of sufficient funds
To receive a Student visa Adelaide, one needs to prove that they have enough money to support themselves throughout the stay. An applicant has two choices when it comes to this part of the application.
- They need to prove they have enough money to cover all the costs and expenses incurred throughout the course like travel, course fees and rent. One can provide bank statements and show evidence of scholarships.
- They need to supply proof of their parents or partners’ yearly income. The income has to be AUD 62,222 per year before one can apply. If one brings a family with them, it needs to be AUD 72,592.
Other proofs such as student health cover, health, and character requirements may also be needed before applying for the student visa. This will ensure one can apply for an Australian student visa without facing any problems.
Suppose an individual wants to apply for a student visa subclass 500 but is unfamiliar with Australia’s visa rules and regulations. In that case, they could hire migration agents in Adelaide. These professionals have years of experience in filing visa application forms for clients and have updated knowledge regarding the rules and procedures of the Australian visa forms. There are various migration agent Adelaide that one can contact to fill student visa application forms successfully.