E-commerce is the Way to Go for Your Business
With the coming of new technology every single day around the globe, and with it, the availability of internet in even the most secluded parts of the world, has opened many new opportunities for budding businesses, as well as, big brands to advertise their product and increase their sales. This has led to the privilege of being able to buy any kind of product or service from the comfort of our homes. And this is where e-commerce comes. E-commerce can be explained as the process of selling and buying the goods and services. For instance, the process of simply buying or ordering a book from Amazon would be called e-commerce.
E-commerce and Digital Marketing
E commerce has very often been confused with digital marketing. One of the main reasons we can assume for this confusion can be that both of these processes include the buying and selling. But these two terms should not be used in context of the other as both have two different meanings and two different processes. Let’s look at each of these 2 to understand the difference.
If we start with digital marketing, marketing of products has been happening for decades now but traditionally it used to happen through offline ways, like banners, television advertisements, radio advertisements, pamphlets, brochures, and a few more limited ways. But with the advent of new technology as well as Internet in even the remotest parts of country, what has started is digital marketing. Digital marketing is simply the process of marketing and advertising any product or service on the digital platforms. These digital platforms can be web sites, social media platforms the, advertisements on search engines, and many more. Now how is it different from E-commerce? Let’s see below.
E-commerce has been explained above in the beginning but to reiterate, it is simply the process of buying and selling any product or services on Internet, whereas digital marketing is advertisement centric. E- commerce has many different models which are taken up by different businesses according to their niche and their needs.
Broadly, these e-commerce models can be divided into 5 categories. These five categories are :
(1) Business to Consumer (B2C): This is a very popular e-commerce model. B2C means Business to Consumers, which means sales are done between business and consumer. For example, buying a portable computer from an online retailer.
(2) Business to Business (B2B): This e-commerce model refers to a model in which a business sells goods and services to another business. An example of this can be a manufacturer and wholesaler, or a wholesaler and a retailer. This business model is not consumer facing, and usually it involves raw materials or products that are further combined.
(3) Direct to Consumer (D2C): This is a very new e-commerce model and the trends in this category are constantly changing. This type of business model does not include any type of medium or business person. Here the business sells its products directly to the customer without finding a seller, dealer or distributor. This business model is often set up on instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms. You must have seen the small business grow on social media where orders are placed on instagram and from where the business is delivered directly to the customer.
(4) Consumer to Consumer (C2C): C2C is an e-commerce model that refers to the process of one consumer selling good and services to another consumer. These consumer-to-consumer sales take place on platforms such as OLX, Etsy, eBay, Fivver, et cetera. The last category,
(5) is Consumer to Business (C2B): Consumer to Business is a model in which a person sells his or her services and products to business entities. The best examples of this can be consultants, freelance writers and web designers, coders, market analysts, etc. who offer their services to businesses.
To conclude, E-commerce and Digital Marketing go hand-in-hand, as one clearly needs the other to survive and flourish the business.
E-commerce website development services
Now, when it has been made clear to you that digital marketing and e-commerce are two different concepts but interdependent too, and that e-commerce has several different models which each business can pick up according to their niche and propaganda, then it must be crystal clear to you that this whole process of setting up a business, making websites and then taking care of advertisements and marketing can be very hectic and brain-wracking.
Thus, it isn’t a one-person job. But that is why, here to your rescue are many e-commerce website development company in India, as well as many e-commerce website development services, who are available to provide you with guidance and help at each step. Hiring a professional e-commerce website development company in India has many advantages which all can not be explained in one paragraph, but if we try to mention the most important ones, then these are – Mobile Commerce, Appealing Theme, Technical Support, Better Customization, User Experience, traffic flow, management, and many more.
Though there exists many more advantages of hiring Matebiz, the best e-commerce website development company in India or e-commerce website development services, the most important one is that they have a team of professionals who are experienced in this field for years and can use that experience to better your business model and website.